Nick is the founder of People Fish, a marketing research tool for startup founders, and director of InsightsHub, a tool which helps companies get better marketing research. Nick has consulted for companies like P&G, SpaceX, Axios Media, and VSCO. He’s personally designed, launched, and analyzed more than 1,000 market research studies for startups and insights teams around the world.
How to research a market with customer surveys
Imagine asking 300 random strangers what they think of your product/service idea. Not your friends, your colleagues, or your mom, a truly random set of 300 people, all of whom are willing to listen to your idea and tell you exactly what they think. That’s absolute gold. Otherwise known as “a survey.” There’s a reason surveys are everywhere: They work.
- Content marketing distribution machine: a full guide for founders
- Founder guides: create an affiliate program
- A founder guide to programmatic SEO
- Founder guides on hiring your first employee
- Outsource effectively
- How to split up equity
- Finding a co-founder
- How to find relevant beta users
- Prioritize features effectively
- How to price your product
- Building a roadmap